Baking Soda Paste
- Sprinkle baking soda into the mug and add enough warm water to form a paste.
- Scrub the mixture with a sponge for a minute or two so the mildly abrasive baking soda can work the stains out.
- Rinse with clean water and admire the results!
- Fill the mug half full with boiling or very hot water from the tap.
- Top off the mug with white vinegar. Let the mixture soak for 10 minutes.
- Dump the vinegar water down the sink and scrub the freshly emptied mug with an abrasive sponge.
- Rinse with clean water, and you’re all set!
Salt and Ice
- Pour some salt into the bottom of the mug and dump a few pieces of crushed ice on top.
- Cover the mug with a few layers of plastic wrap and shake vigorously. The coarse salt removes the coffee stains without any chemicals.
- Rinse with clean water, and your mug is restored to its former glory!
Melamine Foam Sponge
- Dampen a melamine foam sponge and rub the inside of the mug until it comes clean.
- Wash the mug by hand with warm, soapy water and a scrub brush.
- Rinse with clean water to reveal how spotless your mug is now!
- Fill the mug with warm water and add a denture tablet. Let the tablet fizz and work its magic.
- When the fizzing stops, dump out the water and wash the mug by hand with warm, soapy water and a scrub brush.
- Rinse with clean water, and your spotless mug is ready to be used!
Get More Cleaning Assistance from Molly Maid
Washing dishes is a job no one looks ahead to, but you ’ ll surely want to use these tips for how to wash a chocolate mug by handwriting the next time you have guests over. These tried-and-true methods will save you from the overplus of serving coffee in stain mugs.
Read more: How to Clean a Coffee Maker
Cleaning all the mugs in your kitchen can be a tire affair. Call on the professionals at Molly Maid for the rest of your home clean needs ! While our staff doesn ’ metric ton clean dishes, we can focus on other areas around your home that need attention. Choose us, so you can spend your time doing what you in truth love. Contact your local Molly Maid or call ( 800 ) 654-9647 nowadays for a unblock estimate.
Reading: How to Clean a Stained Coffee Mug
July 26, 2017
By Molly Maid